Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A bit of a Chuckle...

OK I usually do not write about personal stories on this blog but since it had to do with the bus I figured Why not..
We were out and about in the bus today. I went to Toys R Us to exchange something. Well some of the kids did not want to go in (as I was only running in to the counter and back) and having 2 teenagers in the bus, I decided to let them stay in the bus and read their books and listen to the music.
After about 4/5 minutes I came back out (now remember I am in the spot closest to the entrance literally 20 feet away) and I come out and am immediately attacked by some guy ranting and raving at me. He literally jumped on me as he asked why I would leave the kids in the bus. I informed him that I had 2 teens in the bus and it was perfectly legal and safe to allow them to watch the few little ones for 5 minutes.
His minion (wife or girlfriend I think) starts ranting about how she gives to the "foundation/organization" and comes out of the store to see kids in the bus and how appalled she is. I informed her that I was not an "organization" and I had no clue what she was talking about and she starts yelling at me telling me not to lie to her about being in the "organization". I politely say again that I have no clue what she is talking about, I have gotten no money from anyone. The man says that yes I am an "organization" and she gives money to them. Once again I told him I did not know what he was talking about that the bus was a privately owned vehicle. He asked me what the web address is and I told him a link to our blog. He says "Oh and what will I find on this site?" I proudly told him lots of pictures of an old school bus!
I climbed into the bus as the raving guy says the police are on their way. I told him "well my kids are hungry and I am going to go feed them lunch feel free to send the police over to Burger King if you want." I close my door make sure kids are belted in and back out of my spot with the man yelling at the lady to "follow her!"
Needless to say half way to BK the police pull the bus over and 2 officers (from different cars) come to the bus door. I opened the door and welcomed the officers aboard the bus. They came in and asked me if there was a problem and I let them know what went on. They of course ran my licence to make sure I was not some Kidnapping psycho or something , Nope clean as a whistle not so much as a traffic ticket. They came back and I spent the next 5-10 minutes telling them the story of the bus. After nearly picking them up off the ground as they asked if all the kids were mine and informing them that yes they were, they checked out the bus and said it was awesome and for us to have a good day. I closed the bus doors and continued to BK to feed the now starving children.
I do however wish I had waited in the parking lot for the police so they lady and guy could see that I did nothing wrong and they had their panties in a bunch for nothing. Oh well.
Like I said before, Life is never dull around here, especially when you drive a renovated school bus full of kids!
AFTER SOME RESEARCH I DID FIND THIS;
Maybe this is what she thought I was.....
The Twilight Benefit Foundation is a "501(c)3" charitable organization, existing to support and further social, philanthropic and humanitarian efforts to give something back... to the community and to our fellow man.Our focus is on social needs and concerns, the preservation of our environment, and the continuing research for the elimination of catastrophic disease. We strive with uncompromising passion to leave this world better than we found it.
I guess leaving the kids in the bus (thus avoiding several temper tantrums and many Mommy buy me this), did not fit into their idea of striving to leave the world better than they found it, though I can guarantee that Toys R us is better for it!

0 comments: